1.23.2017

An open letter to President Donald J. Trump

Dear Mr. President,

I don't like you.  I don't like the things you have said towards and about women.  I don't like your arrogant personality.  I don't like that you were a candidate for President of the USA.  It still blows my mind.

However, I believe in not only second and third chances, but in endless chances.  I believe in forgiveness and change.  I believe that someone can be humbled and come to their senses.  I believe that most people are good.

Here's the thing, I don't want you to fail at this.  I want you to succeed.  I want you to be the greatest POTUS ever!  I want everyone to be shocked and eat their words in 4 years.  I want you to be so amazing at this gig, that we all vote you back in for another term.

Watching so many people fight against each other, and be divided, has caused my heart to almost break.  This is not the world I want to raise my three amazing children in. They deserve better than what we are giving them.  With that being said, I know that how they treat others is a direct reflection on how they've been parented, especially at these young ages.

I want you to know that even though I don't like you, I will be praying for your success as you serve this great country.  Even though I don't like the things you have said towards and about women, I will forgive you and hope that your apology was sincere.  Even though I don't like your arrogant personality, I will humble myself and realize that your personality may be exactly what this country needs.  I will put my trust in God.  I know that you becoming POTUS was not a surprise to the Almighty God, no matter how shocking it was to the rest of the world.  I trust that He will guide His people.

My prayer is that you will live up to your promises, and that you will truly have a desire to serve and bring together this land of divided citizens.  I pray that you will think of those who are less fortunate than you, and that you will use this position to lift them higher.  I pray that you will be calm and rational before you tweet the first thing that comes to your mind.  I pray that you can recognize what this country needs.

I keep hearing that we need to stop complaining and come forward with solutions.  I cannot come up with a solution that will change the world, but I can come up with one that will change my heart.  I will pray for you everyday.  I will pray for those who are by your side making serious decisions.  I will pray for the people who are hurting.  I will do good to and for others.  I will do what I can in my community to include everyone and make them feel wanted.  I will no longer bash you and put you down...pinky promise.  I will tolerate others I disagree with by listening and respecting their opinions.  I will stand with those who feel they have no voice.  And lastly, I will try to help you make America and Americans great (Notice that "again" is left out on purpose, because let's face it, when has it truly been great for everyone?! #AmIRight) by showing genuine love to everyone I meet without judgment.

Sincerely,
A very nervous but hopeful woman!


2 comments:

stuckibunchoh said...

Very well put Jaz!! I could not agree more!!! Love you!!!❤

Amanda Howell said...

Beautiful! Love you!!