2.25.2008

THE GIFT OF GOD IN YOU

I received a copy of my cousin Melissa Burke's CD and absolutely fell in LOVE with it! It's inspirational, uplifting, powerful, & hopeful! I love the ENTIRE CD, but the two I listen to constantly are: AGAIN and LEGACY! They have both just touched my heart so much! They are alot of how I feel at this point in my life.

***************************

AGAIN

I've wrestled with demons and darkness
I've wrestled with what has been lost
I carry this crushing weight on my shoulders
And try not to think of the cost

It's more than a single decision
It's giving up part of myself
It's something I simply can't do on my own
So I'm pleading with You for Your help

Again and Again
I've asked myself why
I don't think that I have any tears left to cry
My soul is so tired and I've longing for rest
I'm giving my all and I'm doing my best
It hurts to move on from the place I am in
But You understand where I've been
And You reassure me it's time to start over
Again

I'm finally ready to listen
I'm finally ready to hear
Struggling to get to a place you can reach me
Where peace can speak louder than fear

I can't see the end of the story
There's no way to know how it ends
For now I let go and I trust You to lead me
And show my heart where to begin

(chorus)

All the pain and confusion I'm going through
I'm turning it over to You
Willing to trust it's the right thing to do

(chorus)

***************************



If you CLICK HERE you can go to her site! So you should go check it out! I know your lives will be touched and blessed by her music as mine has been!


***************************

LEGACY

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy and accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all the who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such 'n such...it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an "Atta boy" or "Atta girl"
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough to make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who will bless Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthy list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, theives and such will soon enough destroy

(chorus)

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well done" good and faithful one

(chorus)

***************************

Anyways, those are ones that have really got ahold of my entire soul! Thank you Melissa for putting your whole heart into your album - it's shows! You're amazing and I love you for everything you are!

8 comments:

Wendi said...

I love it too!!!

I think you need to add #6 "Bring Forth Your Light" to the mix.
That is my favorite...but only because Dad wrote it! I am just a little partial to it!(LOL)

Hope you and all the Mini pieces are doing well...we missed you this weekend at Loni's party.

We love and miss you. Take care.

The Whole Howard Bunch

stephanie howard said...

My too, it is my favorite CD at the moment! Joel even requests it when we get in the car, how cute is that? Although I love them all #2 is for me. What a angelic voice Melissa has, and what a blessing that we get to hear it often!

Anonymous said...

God Speaking is my favorite too Steph!! I love that one!!! Wendi I saw your dad at the temple and told him everytime I hear that song I think of him which is about 12 x's a day...he just giggled! Oha and the cutest thing is that John John knows ALL the words to Legacy and Again and even goes into a high falsetto voice on the high parts! I sooo love this CD...girls please get on the deseretbooks site and leave a CD review!!! I did!! Nana Lyla

6_Chicks_AHen_and_ARooster said...

I love love loveMelissa Burke's CD too! She is awsome I wish you could add all the song lyrics on there but there are ALOT. I hope you all are doing good. I hope to see ya soon.

EricandLauren said...

I love when music can do that for you!!

stuckibunchoh said...

Melissa's voice is so pure and beautiful. It is so inspiring to just listen to, but then I think of the last time we met at the big house and how sweet her girls are and how funny her husband is. She is an example in all aspects of life. I feel it a privilege to know her. Thanks Jaz!

stephanie howard said...

Jaz, I was lucky enough to go see Melissa perform last night. When she sang Again I thought of you, and how much you love that song. It was awesome, wish you could have been there! miss ya

Sela.Olivia said...

its my favorite cd right now! i even put all of the songs on to my mp3 player..so now i listen to them at work, school, everywhere!!!