3.12.2008

Better Late than Never...right?!

THE SNOW DAY!!

First let me start of by telling you that it took us longer to get ready than what it did to actually PLAY outside!!

The following account of the snow day is based on COMPLETE and ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

We woke up one morning and WOAH! It snowed! I was the MOST thrilled out of the bunch! We ate breakfast then cleaned up. Then I gathered the Upstairs Reece's clothes and hauled everyone downstairs. I then gathered the Downstairs Reece's clothes and put all of it in a very neat pile. Oops...the diapers & wipes! I had to jump up and walk about 7 feet to get them. Within the .89673 seconds my back was turned - the clothes were EVERYWHERE! It's okay though! I'm still soooooo excited about the snow! So I get the clothes together and start the march through hell.

That's right! Dressing 4 bodies-that-seem-to-turn-into-jello-when-it's-their-turn-to-get-dressed toddlers is my idea of what hell is like!

I do youngest to oldest - that's just my flow. However, hair comes at the end! What's the point when they RIP it out if I'm not a NAZI!

So about 45 minutes later everyone is dressed. Then it's my turn! Am I an idiot?! Who gets dressed AFTER they dress monsters?! Well apparently I DO! What was I thinking?! I come out of the room like a morbidly obese burnt marshmallow to CHAOS! ALL 14 of the couch pillows/cushions were on the floor - the TV was pushed clear to the window - the 2 little fireplace glass doors were off the hinges - EVERY SINGLE TOY we owned was scattered across all of Missouri - boots were off - and I was in a moment of FURY! I quickly relieved myself of all anger with one extremely high pitched longer than long at the top of my lungs SCREAM! Then all was well in Zion and we hustled outside!

They had no idea what to do! Their eyes were HUGE and their little hearts were pounding through the 5 layers that hugged each of their tiny malnourished bodies! Donnie JETTED for the snow - on the concrete - to make a snow angel. Kody JETTED for the road - because he wanted to race the cars! Allison JETTED for the dog food because she said she was hungry! I popped the doggy snack out of her hand and said, "Child - you are NOT that hungry! GO play"! Little Lyla JETTED for nothing! She just wanted me to hold her! When she realized how much fun her brother was having she had to join in the fun!











There were two boys walking by and the baby started to giggle! Yes folks, my daughter was flirting! She was walking in the snow after them and waving. She kept saying, "bye! bye!"...Donnie found it un- amusing and said, "No sissy! Do not talk to them boys. Otay?!"...inside I was ecstatic that he is already a phenomenal body guard!







Everytime I turned to look for Allison she was thoroughly enjoying the taste of the snow! Seriously - all that little girl wanted to do was eat it! And that is all she did! She did NOT want to play at all! Just eat. You will see in every picture she is eating! Hilarious!







Donnie and Kody decided to challenge me to a snow ball fight! RIGHT ON! I was in heaven! For those of you who don't know - I love winter and the snow with a passion! Anyways - it was on! I'll skip the embarrassing parts and just tell you that they WON!! We all went over to the hill on the side of the house and starting rolling down! It was so much fun! I looked over the baby and she was so tired of being outside that she fell asleep! Yes, right out there on the snow, asleep! It was darling! I could only see her little eyes closed - everything else was nice and bundled up - so don't worry Nana, she wasn't freezing! Allison did NOT want to roll down the hill - so she continued eating snow! However, I noticed her glove was missing. I thought to myself "hmm, where could it be?! oh well...I'll get it when I go inside!"... I would roll down the hill as the boys were walking up and knock them down! They thought it was the funniest thing ever!




As I was checking on my sleeping snow bunny (to make sure she was still alive) I heard, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"...and then I heard, "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - - gotcha Alli"! The boys decided that if Allison wasn't going to roll down herself they would roll her for her! So they did! She rolled right into the neighbor's wooden fence. Poor baby! She cut her lip and it started bleeding. Since her glove was gone her hand was so so so cold! When she saw the blood she started screaming, "BOKEN! BOKEN!", she thought she had broken her hand because it was so cold and there was blood in the snow! I took that as my queue to head the troops inside!

We stripped down to a dry layer in the kitchen and had hot chocolate! The kids were exhausted and crashed for the next couple of hours...as did their ring-leader!

5 comments:

Wendi said...

This is more exhausting than my life for sure... I need a nap after reading that post!

Whew! Girl, you need a long vacation...alone!

You are too funny...thanks for sharing!!!

Lyla And Company! said...

poor, poor Alli! those 2 bullies!!! love you!!

stuckibunchoh said...

My kids would have been right outside with their cousins. We had much more snow here - 14 1/2 inches. Jeffrey made snow forts big enough for Parker to stand up in. You need to bring your snow bunnies over here for Uncle Jeff to play with!!! I prefer to watch from inside with hot chocolate! I love the stories. Keep them coming. Love, Jackie

EricandLauren said...

I love the way to tell the story, I was cracking up. You do need a vacation....... hey I know COME SEE ME!!!!! I am dying to get together with you!

Joan said...

What fun!! Wish we were closer. I can't believe how they all have grown. I think Alana has changed the most. She gets more beautiful with each new picture. Give them all a big X&O's from Grandma Reece