2.13.2008

A Simple Gift

So we all know what tomorrow is. It's Valentines Day. I can't help but to think of my sweet brother-in-law and what he must be feeling. My heart is broken in a million pieces for him, and I wish he didn't have to experience such physical and emotional pain. Since his love is busy doing the Lord's work and will not physically be with him - I decided to step in and put together a gift for him. I'll be honest - I'm a little worried about his reaction - but I'm sure he'll love it. I've spent today enhancing and doing different digital effects on these pictures to make each of them pop out. I'm positive that his dear companion will be given the chance to hug & kiss him.

Here is the poem that went along with the pictures...

An angel walks beside me,
I feel her everyday.
She helps me through life’s ups and downs,
and whatever comes my way.

She guides me down the road of life,
and lights the darkest roads.
She picks me up and carries me,
when I cannot bear the load.

She helps to ease the pain I feel,
she mends my spirit too.
She holds my hand and shelters me,
gives me strength and courage new.

She speaks to me with words of love,
and she listens to my pleas,
she was sent here from the Lord above,
to guide and comfort me.

I know she's always watching,
though her form I no longer see.
It's a peace I feel deep in my heart,
that leads me to believe -

An angel walks beside me.
I feel blessed everyday,
that the presence of this angel,
will never go away.









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, **wiping tears** so I found a poem that tells you just how I feel about you!! love you and please kiss ALL the babies for me and hug Brooks and Rex extra tight for me!! tell them I love them both so much!!! Happy Valentines Day Jaz!!! you make me so proud!

Thank You For Being My Daughter


What can I say to you to let you know
what a special person you've been in my life?
You have always been there for me
like a guardian angel...
you've been my best friend,
my playmate, my mother,
my helper, my mirror, my teacher,
my student,
as well as my beautiful daughter...
it seems whatever my needs are
at the time,
you know exactly what I am needing.

I love so many things about you...
I love your beautiful smile,
I love the way you love life
and live every moment to be happy...
I love that you don't make me
feel old when I'm with you.

I love the way you make me feel
like a special Mom...
I love your sensitivity to me
and to others,
and I love that you are
so much fun just to be with.

I love that you like to call me,
and you make me feel
like you really want to talk to me,
not just out of obligation
to call your Mom...
and I love that you make
me feel so good when
you introduce me to your friends...
you make me feel truly loved.

I love that you seem to care
what I think about you
and your life,
and you make me feel like you really do
value my opinions.
I love that you have something in you
that makes you so charismatic
to me and to others,
and that they can see
the special person you truly are,
and I believe that you are from
the highest realms of heaven
and know you were brought here
just to make people happy...
and you do that so well!

And I know I must be pretty
special myself for you
to have chosen me
as your mother in this lifetime...
and I hope in our next life together,
you can be my mom
so I can love you with the same
caring, support, and love
you have given me...
and I can make you as proud
of me as I am of you.

But most of all, sweet angel Jaz of mine,
I love that you are my daughter
and my friend,
and that I have you in my life...

Thanks for being the daughter
I always wanted...
I couldn't have asked for a better one...
I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

Jaz the pictures are beautiful! I'm fighting back tears right now in the computer lab at school! Kiss all the babies for me! Happy Valentines Day!
I love you soo much!

and happy birthday loni anne!

Anonymous said...

Jaz it is so beautiful! Of course being the self centered person I am it makes me think of me and my Mother. I know I feel her with me at moments in my life that are important if to no one else but me. And I know Amanda is with her husband and her children, because they are still the most important work she will ever have. Thanks for being great!

Anonymous said...

Jaz, Thanks for taking the time and effort to put together such a beautiful tribute and expression of Love for Rex. We love you and are so thankful you are there to lighten the load. Can't wait to see what you did for Brooks!!! Hope everyone had a happy valentines day. Don and I just got back from dinner in Jacksonville and buying him a new car. It's been a busy day. Kiss all the kids and give yourself a hug too.Talk to you later. Love, Joan

Wendi said...

Okay... well... *sniff *sniff*...no fair... I was on the way to the grocery store, but now it seems I will have to re-do my makeup.

I am not sure which thing I cried harder over- the tribute to Amanda-which was beautiful, or the special poem your mom sent to you. WOW! So much love and adoration.

Jaz, you are so sweet to be doing what you are doing. What makes it even sweeter is you love what you are doing! I could not be more proud of you. You are Simply the Best!

Anonymous said...

Jaz,

I love the way that you can make me laugh and cry all at the same moment. Brooks is blessed to have you, but I think that I am the lucky one because I have another sister to LOVE life with. You are the best! Thank you for being you!
Here's to more moments of love together!! I can't wait to get started. . . Love ya tons, Jackie