9.20.2010

Who's got a birthday?!


The first thing I heard this morning was, "Mama!  I'm 4!!"...I couldn't help but smile.  Indeed, my Princess was officially FOUR YEARS OLD!  Where did the time go?! 



I'm afraid I've waisted it.
I'm afraid I've jipped (is that even a word?!) my babygirl of an awesome four years!
For someone so small and sweet, she has been through much more than you could imagine!



In four years she has:

Been born...(we all know how rough that is!)
Learned to walk...
Learned to talk...

Lived in 2 different states...
Broken a leg...

Had to go through 3 1/2 years of her parent's marital issues...
Lived in 6 different houses...
Learned to Tahitian dance & made quite a few stage appearances...


Been to preschool...
Attended 3 different wards/nurseries...
Traveled across the country more than once...


Wow!!  What a life!!  I can say with all my heart that she was truly heaven sent!!  She was perfect timing for my life (as well as everyone's!)...  Right when I needed to feel the Savior's love the most, the Lord sent her to our family!  She has the most contagious laugh!  She has the most beautiful eyes that change from blue to green!  She has the most beautiful porcelain skin.  She has the most beautiful long hair that we can't even decide what color it is!!  She's feisty, loud, funny, tender, happy, and giving!  She loves her brother more than life itself!  He is her best friend!  She has a personality all her own!  She knows exactly what she wants and how she is gonna get it!!  She is even pretty when she cries! 

Through these last four years, I, her mother, have never thrown her a birthday party...like, a REAL birthday party!  Her first bday luau was thrown by her nana because we were living in Missouri...so we came to NC to have it...  Her second bday was also thrown by her nana because I was working in Ohio...however, on her actual bday she was with me in Ohio and we went to a water park!!  Her third bday we didn't do much...clearly because neither her father or mother can seem to remember it! 

So this year, life seems to be as it always should have been!  So that means, SHE GETS A PARTY!!  That's right!!  We are having an "Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter's Tea Party"!!  She is so excited!!  We sent out invitations to her friends and cousins, we bought the decorations, and we have started the countdown to Saturday!!  She LOVES the 2010 "Alice in Wonderland"...so that was her theme!!  I'll be sure to post pictures after the party!!

I'm so grateful that the Lord trusts me enough to be her mother.  I know that she is destined for greatest!!  I know every mother must feel this way about their children, but seriously, there is just something about her!  What other child prays for the devil?!  LOL

I can speak for her father when I say that she holds our heart in the palm of her hands.  She makes us smile.  She is our comic relief when the realities of life set in.  She is our angel!  We love her more than she will ever know. 


Fun fact:  Layne was born on the same day as my father's paternal grandmother!!  So, Happy Birthday Gram!  We love you and miss you so much!!  I'm so honored that the Lord saw fit that my oldest daughter was born on the same day as you!  I pray she is just as wonderful a woman!!

4 comments:

Rhonda.Maire.Kirk said...

Happy Birthday!!! You know that is the same things with Kris every time his birthday comes around we have to move!! :-( you should read one of my first post on my blog...cuz I truly learned something this year on him birthday...

The Jones' said...

Too cute!! I loved what you had to say about your daughter so much, I'm pretty sure I just wiped a tear from my eye! LAME! lol... I can just feel the love you have for her, and as I sit here at work, I think about my kids and how I have "jipped" them out of a full time mommy. I am switching jobs in a week so that I can be home with my kids in the summer... I miss them!!!!

Stucki Bunch said...

She is so much of her mother and so much of her father combined that she is completely perfect!! Love her!!! Wish that we could have been there for the party. I heard that it was AMAZING! I guess you made up for lost time. :) Give her kisses from Aunt Jack and Unlce Jeff plus her cousins (too many to name) :)

Lyla And Company! said...

ok this just made me cry and I couldnt agree more...she IS an angel sent to ALL of us to bring MORE JOY, LOVE and LAUGHTER then we could ever have imagined!!! I LOVE MY BABY GIRL SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! So grateful I amd her Nana!!!