9.16.2010

Maybe a tad bit stubborn?!

Last night, after scripture study & family prayer, we piggy-backed the kids to their beds.  We couldn't find Layne's blankie...(She likes to sleep on top of her blanket with her blankie covering her, because she does not like to ruin her bed!  Needless to say, she's a bit of a perfectionist/OCD!!)...so she had to sleep underneath her actual blanket!!

It would be an understatement to say she was freaking out about it!!  She did NOT want to mess up her bed!!  She did NOT want to mess up her bed!!  She did NOT want to mess up her bed!! 

Oh, did I tell you that she did NOT want to mess up her bed?! 

Another blanket just wouldn't do.

After explaining that it was okay to use her blanket, and after promising I would make her bed in the morning she still refused!!  She gave me one of her "looks"...you know, those, "THIS IS THE WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE AND I HATE THIS!  I HATE THIS!  I HATE THIS!  I HATE THIS!"...Her breathing was getting huffier and puffier!!  Her face was red, and I was trying so hard not to laugh!! 

It sounds terrible, but it was so funny!! 

I told her she could just go to bed.  She was fine and she needed to just sleep under her blanket.  Seriously, if you knew the day I had, you would have agreed that she could get over it!! 

Brooks and I were in the kitchen talking about his day, and we weren't paying much attention...I guess because things got quiet!  I just appreciated the fact that they went to sleep and she listened to me and just fell asleep under her blanket...without her blankie...

Then, about 30 minutes later Brooks and I decided to go to bed...
When I walked down the hall, this is what I saw...



Yup, that's right!!  She said, "What the heck ever, mom!!  I'm RE-making my bed and sleeping on TOP!!  By the way, I do NOT want to mess up my bed!"...

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, Jazz! Your kids are so cute. And I have to say, I am loving that she doesn't want to mess up her bed. My kids couldn't care less! Hope you're doing well! Miss you! Amy D.

Jazzy said...

We miss you too!!! I get to see Patrick every now and then...you should ride with him and drop him off and we can just hang out!! Love you!!

Rhonda.Maire.Kirk said...

That is too funny...cuz both of my kids do that!! They hate making their beds in the morning and I wont do it for them. So they do the same thing!! Unreal!! I tell my kids your lazy! And Anna tells me "no I'm not...daddy said I thing out the box" geeezzz is that what they call it now! Hummm...

Anonymous said...

Well i wonder...hummm.That sounds like something her MOTHER would do...so she got it honest..too funny!

Stucki Bunch said...

Good luck when she is a teenager!!! Her stubborness will be a virtue some day. We just have to make sure that it gets channeled in the right direction. :)